This is, quite possibly, one of the coolest things I've ever heard. :D
For immediate release: August 5, 2011
Atlanta Braves to Host Inaugural #BravesBash on Braves.com
Call, Chat, Skype, and Interact with Braves Players
Sunday, August 14, Following the Braves vs. Cubs 1:30 p.m. Game
Digital and Social Media Event will Connect Players and Coaches with the Fans in New and Innovative Ways
and will Benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation
The Atlanta Braves will host their inaugural #BravesBash, to benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation, on Sunday, August 14 following their game vs. the Chicago Cubs. #BravesBash is a completely interactive fan-player event using digital and social media platforms including Braves.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Skype that fans can participate in both live at the ballpark and in their living rooms across Braves Country and around the world.
All of the action in and around the Braves Clubhouse during #BravesBash will be streamed live on Braves.com as players and coaches host conference calls and online chats with fans, take over the @Braves twitter account, make surprise Skype video calls, and debut behind-the-scenes Flip videos and “mini-clinics” that they’ve recorded just for this occasion. Also, Peter Moylan will candidly interview his teammates in front of a live studio audience and for all of those watching the event online at Braves.com/bravesbash
to enjoy. A live auction throughout the event, featuring one of a kind memorabilia and game used equipment will benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation.
“Digital and Social media gives us the power to engage with fans on a personal level in a whole new way,” said Derek Schiller, Atlanta Braves Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We are excited to offer our fans this first of its kind event hosted on our Facebook page and website which will connect them with our players and coaches, while at the same time raising funds for the Atlanta Braves Foundation grants program.”
Join the Conversation with the Braves during #BravesBash:
· CONFERENCE CALL WITH THE FANS – Jim Powell will moderate a conversation between fans and a rotation of players including: Michael Bourn,Tommy Hanson, Eric Hinske, Chipper Jones, Craig Kimbrel, Nate McLouth, Dan Uggla, Jonny Venters, and more.
Fans can RSVP at Braves.com/bravesbash
to be on the line during the conference call and have the opportunity to ask questions directly to your favorite Braves players.
· LIVE ONLINE CHATS ON BRAVES.COM/BRAVESBASH –
Atlanta Braves players including Brandon Beachy, Tommy Hanson, Jason Heyward, Derek Lowe, Eric O’Flaherty, Alex Gonzalez, Julio Lugo, Cristhian Martinez, Nate McLouth, and Martin Prado
will host English and Spanish chats
with fans throughout the event.
· SKYPE WITH THE FANS – Braves including Freddie Freeman, Jason Heyward, Tim Hudson, Brian McCann, Martin Prado, and Dan Uggla, will surprise fans with video calls, directly from the Braves clubhouse.
For the chance to receive a Skype call from Braves players during #BravesBash, RSVP at braves.com/bravesbash
Also, tell us why you want to receive a Skype call by leaving a message on our wall at facebook.com/braves
or tweeting @Braves with the hashtag #BravesBash.
· @PETERMOYLAN PLAYER TO PLAYER INTERVIEWS – Peter Moylan will host a live talk show in the Braves Auxiliary Clubhouse, interviewing teammates in front of a studio audience.
· @BRAVES TWITTER TAKEOVER – Select players, chosen by the @Braves followers in the week leading up to #BraveBash will “take over” @Braves Twitter account and host Twitter chats with fans.
· LIVE AUCTION TO BENEFIT THE ATLANTA BRAVES FOUNDATION - Throughout the event, unique, game used, and one of a kind memorabilia will be featured and up for auction on braves.com to benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation.
· Fans on Twitter are encouraged to use the hashtag #BravesBash to have their tweets posted in real time to braves.com/bravesbash leading up to and during #BravesBash.
Do you have Skype? If not, join here! So exciting!!