Thanks for dragging me out there, Jenna. :) It was a super-fun game!
I got to the stadium about 10 minutes before Jenna, so I chilled in the shade and crowd-watched for a little bit. This was the line about 5 minutes before the gates opened, and this was the line when the gates were actually open and people were filing in. It's great to see so many fans at the game, even if a lot of them were in blue & white. ;)
BP was more fun than the last few have been. Several pitchers played pitcher-catcher together...
And some guys are better at special high-fives with Rossy than others:
EOF brought out baby Dasani water bottles in his glove and blow pops in his back pocket, but JJ and Gonzo were only interested in the water. To quote Jenna: "I'll take your blow pop, O'Flaherty!" EOF was also "shooting" the loose baseballs towards the holder as if they were basketballs...and didn't make a single shot. Aww. :)
- Atlanta Police helicopter buzzing the stadium -- have no idea why.
- Infante taking infield practice at SS, and doing a good job!
- MattE, looking cute. :)
Before heading to our seats, Jenna wandered into the Clubhouse Store while I found my brother who was there with a friend of his. Jenna sent me three pictures of the outrageous amount of Dodgers crap in the Clubhouse store -- not just one rack of t-shirts, but a whole section of Dodgers gear and souvenirs! Check out her pictures: 1 ~ 2 ~ 3
That's not right.
- Joe & Chip prepping for the PTV broadcast
- Hanson warming up
- Manny in the on-deck circle, and his Friday night reception by the fans at Turner Field:
- Hanson's jumbotron pic
- Home Depot Tool Race! Paintbrush TOTALLY shoves Drill down! NOT COOL. (but definitely funny)
- After the Diamond Dry was applied to the home-plate area
- The Rossy / Baby tradeoff
- EOF, giving his back a good stretch
- Medlen in to pitch!
- This was my actual view for most of the game. I swear, this guy's head was HUGE.
Braves lose. I really don't remember the last time I went to a game where we won -- maybe I should stop going? :D
PS -- I was entertained 100% by the Braves Organist's choices of intro music, as you could see in the Twitter feed. He's brilliant. I hope you could hear some of them over the broadcast! :)